Part of being healthy is maintaining good health practices, taking steps to prevent future health conditions, and properly managing current medical conditions. The information provided by the organizations below is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You are encouraged to confirm and review any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.
The North American Fatigue Management website is designed to address the issue of driver fatigue with a comprehensive approach that includes:
- Information on how to develop a corporate culture that facilitates reduced driver fatigue
- Fatigue management education for drivers, drivers’ families, carrier executives and managers, shippers/receivers, and dispatchers
- Information on sleep disorders screening and treatment
- Driver and trip scheduling information
- Information on fatigue management technologies
In addition, the FMCSA’s Resources for Drivers website includes many useful tools for drivers.
MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health’s website for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.
You can use MedlinePlus to learn about the latest treatments, look up information on a drug or supplement, find out the meanings of words, or view medical videos or illustrations. You can also get links to the latest medical research on your topic or find out about clinical trials on a disease or condition.
- American Dental Association
- American Diabetes Association
- American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking®
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association – Hearing Screening and Testing Resource
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
- Diabetes Public Health Resource
- Endoscopy and Colonoscopy Education Resources
- Healthfinder.gov’s Quick Guide to Healthy Living
- Mayo Clinic Healthy Lifestyle Resource Guide and Personalized Health Screening Guidelines
- My Family Health Portrait – A Tool from the Surgeon General
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse
- National Eye Institute
- National Institutes of Mental Health’s Men and Depression Resource
- Quit Smoking Community
- Prevent Blindness America’s Eye Health and Safety, Glaucoma Awareness and Vision Screening Resources
- Pleural Mesothelioma Center
- Tuck Sleep provides resources on sleeping and getting better sleep
- Vision Health Initiative